In Ghaziabad, Pilonidal Sinus Treatment
A Pilonidal sinus, also called Pilonidal cyst, Pilonidal abcess or Sacrococcygeal fistula, is a cyst or tunnel in the skin. Usually it develops over the tailbone at the top of the buttocks cleft. The cyst usually contains hair and skin debris. The cysts may connect through tunnels under the skin.
Treatment of Pilonidal sinus
It is not necessary to treat a
pilonidal sinus doctor in Ghaziabad that lies dormant, which means it is not infected. However, certain precautions are suggested that may reduce the risk of infection and the need for surgery.
Following care should be taken :
- The area should be cleaned and dried as much as possible.
- Spending too much time sitting or driving is not good for your health.
- It is possible to permanently remove the hair from the area using a laser or a razor. It is also possible to see a dermatologist (a specialist in skin care) and get permanent hair removal using a laser.
Causes Of Pilonidal sinus
- It is more common in males.
- Living a sedentary lifestyle.
- Long-term sedentary people
- Hair that is thick and coarse, especially curly and coarse hair.
- The obesity epidemic
- An injury in the area previously
- A family history of Pilonidal sinuses
- Having a deep cleft between the buttocks
- Previously diagnosed with Pilonidal cysts
Symptoms Of Pilonidal sinus
- An recurring episode of pain or swelling around the tailbone.
- The tailbone area may have a yellowish or bloody discharge that smells foul
- There is a painful lump under the skin in that area
- Performing certain activities like bicycle riding or sit-ups can be extremely uncomfortable.